How to Get a Texas Real Estate License
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is the state agency that governs real estate licensing. TREC requires anyone that wants to get a real estate Salesperson License to first complete six (6) - 30 hour real estate courses. The courses must be completed before submitting your application to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Texas State Online provides the complete package of mandatory TREC approved courses to qualify for the Salesperson Real Estate License. If you are ready, start now!
1. To apply for a license, you must meet TREC requirements. Please visit the TREC website for details. If you have an arrest history, umpaid judgements, etc., consider requesting a Fitness Determination before taking your courses and applying for the license.
2. Sign up for the mandatory real estate courses and complete the courses. A certificates of completion will be issued for each completed course.
3. Send your application to TREC along with a copy of the certificates of completion and the application fee.
4. After your application is accepted for processing and education requirements are satisfied, TREC will send you a letter of eligibility with instructions on how to register for the exam and get fingerprinted.
5. Register and take the TREC real estate licensing exam.
6. A license will not be issued until you have passed the exam and met TREC's qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity.
If you have questions or need more specific information, just call us at 713-503-8958.
Texas State Online only offers Texas real estate courses and we can answer your questions regarding licensing.