How to Get a Texas Real Estate License
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is the state agency that governs real estate licensing. TREC requires anyone that wants to get a real estate Salesperson License to first complete six (6) - 30 hour real estate courses. The courses must be completed before submitting your application to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Texas State Online provides the complete package of mandatory TREC approved courses to qualify for the Salesperson Real Estate License. If you are ready, start now!
1. To apply for a license, you must meet TREC requirements. Please visit the TREC website for details. If you have an arrest history, unpaid judgements, etc., consider requesting a Fitness Determination before taking your courses and applying for the license. You can also call us for more information.
2. Register for and complete the required courses. A certificates of completion will be issued for each completed course.
3. Send your application to TREC along with a copy of the certificates of completion and the application fee.
4. After your application is processed, TREC will send you a letter with instructions on how to register for the exam and get fingerprinted.
5. Register and take the TREC real estate licensing exam.
6. A license will be issued after you have successfully completed the exam and background check.
If you have questions or want more information about the background check, just call us at 713-503-8958.
Texas State Online only offers Texas real estate courses and we can answer your questions regarding licensing.