How to Get a Texas Real Estate License
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is the state agency that governs real estate licensing. TREC requires anyone that wants to get a real estate Salesperson License to first complete six (6) - 30 hour real estate courses. The courses must be completed before submitting your application to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Texas State Online provides the complete package of mandatory TREC approved courses to qualify for the Salesperson Real Estate License. If you are ready, start now!
1. Sign up for the mandatory real estate courses and complete the courses. A certificates of completion will be issued for each completed course.
2. Send your application to TREC along with a copy of the certificates of completion and the application fee.
3. After processing the application, TREC will send applicants instructions for fingerprinting. Take the form to an approved fingerprinting facility for fingerprinting. TREC will evaluate your arrest history. If you have concerns about this step, you can ask TREC to review your background history before taking the six required courses.
4. After a successful background review, TREC will send instructions and a code number to use for registering for the State real estate licensing exam.
5. Register and take the TREC real estate licensing exam.
If you have questions or need more specific information, just call us at 713-503-8958.
Texas State Online only offers Texas real estate courses and we can answer your questions regarding licensing.